Create Connect Change
The Panel Discussion
Is shocking content the only way to create behaviour change?
How do we move people from ‘liking’, sharing and following our content to making a meaningful change in their behaviour? Are harrowing or provocative images more effective than messages of empowerment and triumph? Have we become lazy in creating compelling content?
Our panel of media and charity luminaries discussed whether you have to shock to create change, asking if a hard hitting campaign the only way to get people to stop, think and act.
- Jemima Kiss, Head of Technology, The Guardian (chair)
- Colin Byrne, CEO UK & EMEA, Weber Shandwick
- Emma Sheppard, Head of Brand and Communications, St Johns Ambulance
- Ali Stunt, CEO, Pancreatic Cancer Action
- Alison Baum, CEO, Best Beginnings
Watch Jemima's top tips for great content
Watch Emma's top tips for great content
Watch Colin's top tips for great content